Friday, October 26, 2007

Excited for November?

Hi everyone! Getting anxious for November to roll around? It will come quickly and I can't wait. I have had the chance to play around a bit with the Mongolian cashmere and well, yum...LOL It is light and soft and well, let's say, if there were a yarn heaven, it'd be up there... :)

One comment about the cashmere...I'm sure everyone knows this already but I thought I'd reiterate it here anyways. Since the cashmere is up there on the soft meter, I'd recommend bed socks or lounge-around socks if you do decide to do socks. Cashmere is a short staple fibre and won't withstand hard wear. It also is fragile because of the short staple so when you're winding it into cakes for knitting please be ultra careful - it can easily break if tugged too hard. Ahhhhhhhh, the things we do for softness! Cashmere's exquisitely soft luxury feel also makes it warm and light to wear. Cashmere has the highest warmth-weight ratio of any fibre. Amazing!

If my supplier has enough Mongolian cashmere in stock, this will be our first yarn - I can't think of a better way to start a luxury yarn club! :)

Have a nice weekend everyone!

No comments: